Friday 5 May 2017

Yes, Record Collecting IS War

I've said it before, but us record collectors are all friends, yet we're all rivals at the same time. And sometimes I find myself picking up a longtime want and feeling guilty about it. Case in point, this gold vinyl press of the first Modern Life Is War LP, 'My Love. My Way.'

I remember when this came out. I picked up a white vinyl copy, but not long afterwards found out that there was a much more limited gold vinyl copy. I immediately wanted one. There are only 109 copies on gold, which was apparently the friends press. And whilst it has never been at the top of my wants list, it has moved up over the years due to my continued failure to find one. Well, that finally ended a few months ago when I won this one on eBay, and this week I finally received the record.

Obviously I'm stoked to have picked this one up, but part of me feels guilty because I know that Ralf still needs one, and he's a much bigger MLIW fan than I am. Sorry dude!

1 comment:

itallcomesdowntothis said...

Haha, that's alright, mate. That's a great score. Happy for you.