Sunday 29 October 2017

I Told You I Was Freaky

Earlier this year I picked up a colour vinyl repress of the first Flight Of The Conchords LP. After picking it up, I also wanted the second LP, 'I Told You I Was Freaky', on colour vinyl too in order to complete the set. A couple of weeks ago a copy popped up for sale in the UK at a fair price, so I grabbed it quick.

Like a lot of clear purple records, the record itself looks really dark, but looks a lot more majestic with a light source behind it.

The record itself comes in a printed inner sleeve which has a photo on each side - one of Brett, and one of Jermaine. Each has diamond tears of a rapper on their face.

There's also an insert which contains the lyrics:

And there's a huge poster too:

I'm guessing that most people who read this aren't into or familiar with these guys. They're a New Zealand duo who had a TV show that aired on HBO network in America for two seasons between 2007 and 2009. I re-watched the shows a couple of years back and then ended up downloading the songs and listening to them a lot. Even though the songs are are in-built into the episodes of the show, and (obviously) meant to be comical, they're well written and catchy as hell. And also, in case I never mentioned it previosuly, their records were released by Sub Pop!

These bufoons are playing live in the UK next year and the tickets sold out in seconds. I missed out and am bummed as there are rarely any shows that my girlfriend actually wants to come to with me. I'm still hoping to get some tickets on the black market nearer the time. Time will tell on that front I guess. But to finish, I mentioned the tears of a rapper earlier, so here's a link to a video in case you're feeling adventurous...

No comments: