Tuesday 10 October 2017

Traders Like Us

It's not that often that I trade records these days. It's not that I'm averse to it, more just that opportunities don't present themselves too often. But I always enjoy trading when it happens, because it feels like records for free. Getting records and not having money come out of your bank account is a satisfying feeling.

So I traded this test press of the Down To Nothing / Kids Like Us split 7" from Mark a few weeks ago. I was surprised he offered it to me, as I know he likes his test pressings, but I gladly accepted it because I like tests too.

I think there are quite a lot of these out there. I don't know how many exactly, but it's one of the most common tests that I have seen for sale over the 13 years or so since it first came out. Or maybe there aren't many after all, but everyone just thinks it's shit and can't see a good reason to keep it in their collection? Still, I've watched a few of these on eBay over the years and just never got around to picking one up. So it's cool to finally bag one.

Well, that was the trade we arranged, and I was happy with that. But when the package arrived it instantly felt heavier than a 7". Once I opened it I found a bonus 7" inside, which was this clear vinyl copy of the 'Upside Down' 7" by Angel Du$t.

This was a great freebie for me as it replaces another record that I lost last year in my giant vanishing box. It seems I am slowly replacing everything that was in there. Probably in about another three years I will have recoved the contents 100%. Well, maybe.

No comments: